Thursday, January 14, 2010

Nail Polish Review

Fashion has gone a bit on the wayside since my daughter was born. My former beauty routine is becoming a distant memory. Put a full face of makeup on? I’m lucky if my face is washed before going out of the house. Curl my hair? It’s a rare morning that it’s blow-dried. Whiten my teeth? Let’s be realistic – my daily goal is to brush my teeth before lunchtime.

And yet, some days I miraculously find the time to look almost normal. I look in the mirror and realize I somewhat resemble my pre-baby self.

It’s on these days that I really feel the need to paint my nails.

Painting nails used to be simple enough. I’d push back my cuticles, apply the polish, then flip on the TV while waiting for it to dry.

It’s not so simple anymore. Now, I push back my cuticles, apply the polish… and my daughter poops. Or, my daughter spits up. Maybe my daughter just wants me to hold her. Either way, I usually end up with smudged, bumpy nails.

This Christmas, one of my stocking stuffers made having perfectly painted finger- and toenails an achievable goal. My mother-in-law gave me a bottle of Sally Insta-Dri nail polish.

Sally Insta-Dri nail polish works better than other nail polishes for me for a few reasons. Number one, the applicator brush is about three times as wide as a regular brush. Getting the polish on my nails takes less than half the time. Number two, this stuff really does dry very quickly. Even during moments when I think, “Oh great, I put way too thick of a layer on that time. This will never dry,” it does dry, and dries quickly. Number three, I like the colors. There are 32 to choose from, making it easy to find a shade that fits my mood.

There is only one thing I don’t love about it. It chips relatively easily. It’s not awful, but it won’t last for a full week. It’s an easy fix, though – a touch up is applied and dried within a minute.

Want to feel a bit like your old self again but don’t think you have the time? Try out this nail polish. It might be the pick-me-up you’ve been looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment