Monday, January 11, 2010

I Love Diapers.com

Going to the store used to be pretty simple. I’d throw on my jacket, grab my purse, stuff my car keys in my pocket, and go. Now that I have a baby, it’s not so simple.

First of all, getting ready to leave takes longer. I have to time it so that my daughter has a full belly as close to departure time as possible. She needs to be dressed appropriately for the weather. I check and double check the diaper bag to make sure I have teething medicine, diapers, wipes, burp cloths, and enough toys to keep her entertained.

Secondly, I have to keep her entertained in the car. That can mean singing, talking, or having the window cracked to give her some fresh air or a little white noise. When none of those things work, I can feel my body tensing with stress, hating that she is miserable and there is nothing I can do about it.

Finally, the shopping itself takes longer than it used to. Once we get to the store, I am stopped about every five minutes by admiring passers-by. I never get tired of hearing how cute they think my baby is, but I am wary of complete strangers who feel the need to touch her chubby cheeks with their hands. I always wonder what kinds of germs she is being exposed to. In addition, it is much harder to put items in my cart (I feel faint just thinking about lugging a case of bottled water off the bottom shelf), load them into my car, and unload them when I get home.

“If only I could buy the things I need without ever leaving the house,” I sometimes sigh to myself.

Luckily, when it comes to baby products, I CAN get everything I need without leaving the house. In addition, I can use all my manufacturer coupons, not pay anything for shipping, have wonderful customer service, receive my items in two days, and even have the chance to earn some money.

I know, I know, I can already read your mind. You want in on my secret. I am more than happy to share!

I do most of my baby shopping at diapers.com. They are awesome for so many reasons.

You can earn money on their website. When you place your first order with them, they email you a code. This is a code you can give to friends and family that will give them $10.00 off their first order. In addition to them getting $10.00 off their first order, your account will be credited money for every time they order. The standard credit is $1.00 per order placed, but every once in awhile, diapers.com runs promotions where you can earn $5.00 per first order. My husband and I earned enough money during one of their promotions to buy our entire stash of bumGenius diapers.

Their shipping is always free when you spend $49 or more. I usually cringe when I hear that I have to spend a minimum amount to get free shipping, because when I shop for myself, I don’t usually spend enough to qualify. However, when it comes to baby items, it’s pretty easy to meet the minimum. For example, when I am about to run out of baby wipes, I could order only one box of refills and pay the $5.00 shipping, or I could order three boxes of refills (because I know I’ll use them eventually) and get free shipping.

Using manufacturer coupons with diapers.com is so easy. You simply mail the coupons to their address, and their staff adds them to your diapers.com account. You can use them whenever you buy the qualifying items.

Their customer service representatives are quite possibly the friendliest, most helpful people I have ever done business with. A few times, my orders have taken longer to arrive than normal (very rare, but it happens), or the items were not to my liking (there was a smudge on one of our cloth diapers). In all cases, the person I spoke to cheerfully corrected the problem. Not only was the problem corrected, but money was credited to my account as a sort of apology.

If you need baby products quickly, this is the website for you! Most website’s shipping policies claim that their products will ship in 5-7 business days. When you are on your last box of baby wipes, that just doesn’t cut it! Diapers.com promises that your order will arrive in two business days. Some items even ship on Saturdays. That means if you place an order before 6:00pm on a Wednesday, your order will arrive on Friday.

If you’re like me and dread the thought of dragging your baby along to the store, check out this website. It has made my life so much simpler, and I hope it can do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment